MIDDLEBURGH

To inform entertain and excite my kids, Jamie, Patrick, Aaron & Sarah Middleburgh, our family and friends.

about me
photo of Dave Middleburgh
Hong Kong

blogspot visit counter
  powered by BLOGGER

MIDDLEBURGH PAINTS

A statement of intent or wish list item... ?? or even a misspelling... I have been short of breath recently ....

When I was but a "lad" I bought a Winsor and Newton Pocket Paint Set.(I still have it.. sans the brush). I had been very much taken by a set of miniature watercolors in the Tate Gallery, London, and I going to try my hand just for personal amusement.I remember doing a very nifty copy of a photograph of a tiger .. which turned out like Hallo Kitty meets Tony the Tiger... and that was the end of that ....

#3 son who is now 6 is into painting (and appears to have more talent than I ) so recently I went looking to replace the missing brush and some of the paints in order to pass it on. I discovered that there are two good art shops in Wanchai. The more prestigious Artland sells Daler-Rowney pocket paint sets. The other is a much smaller and scruffy shop without a website at 1/F, 36-40 Johnston Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong that stocks a range of Windsor Newton pocket sets They also stock Koi watercolor sets with the coolest brush you could ever imagine. So impressed I was, I bought #3 the set so he can paint on field trips this summer .... and perhaps so will I... when I retire.

Labels:

|
 
| More